Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dreams and Dreaming

Dreaming

When we awake from a night’s slumber we are left with wo things, a grogginess that needs to be seceded from our eyes and either a vestige of an image we remember or a point where we know there could be something but there is nothing.
So what is the dream we have, why is it we dream, no I will not be looking at this from the scientific point of view on REM sleep cycles and what it does for our other parts. No that is an easy way out, I figure, it doesn’t test your idea of why you actually dream what you do, and the questions that can pose. I know I won’t give you much more then what I see the world as, but then again I never said anything otherwise, this is just my account of the world, and how I view it.
Why is it we dream … I feel that we dream not simply so that the REM cycle can be completed but rather our mind can help us sort out exactly what is going on, our hopes, fears, plans, wishes, doubts all get placed into this great vat where eventually our mind will try to make sense of it all, often formulating in dreams.
People often dismiss dreams as fantasies but I see them as great tools to be used by us to foresee what outcomes can arise, and how to work towards them, often when we dream with ourselves in them that person is not completely beyond the realm of possibility. I have upon my Profile a quote saying, those who try for the difficult – attain the impossible. So why is a dream anything more than a difficult, yes I do recognize that there are those dreams that are simply not possible, but after those, why is anything we dream so difficult to conceive for our everyday lives.
If you want to get down to it, it’s not, it really isn’t all that a dream is a thought that does not have to be weighed down by the checks and balances that we subject ourselves to everyday. A dream to me is what our mind should be able to conceive without the situations that society in prescribe us to weigh our thoughts against.
So then that begs the question of the nightmare, why do we let these negative expertises come into our dreams and often why are they often so powerful that we awaken from them. Well in my view of the world (which please remember has no science behind it) and how dreams interacts with us, a nightmare is more akin to reality and how the world is and could be without removing our preconceptions about our place in the world. This thought of the worst thing that can happen that does not allow us to rise above out station. Because even within my dreams where I expire but can rise above what I see myself in the reality of the day I do not see it as a nightmare, whereas simply expiring and just that being it, or anything along those lines gets me more terrified then any of the others.
This brings it to mean that dreams show us how wrong life is if we simply continue to let it dictate how we go about our lives and get about our day. Dreams allow us to see how life could be without the thoughts of what could hold us back rather than allow us to pursue or wishes and dreams. So the next time you are dreaming and you wake up, remember what it was, and think…I could get there….not it was a nice dream but a dream just.

Dream

Then that brings me to the point of a dream. Not the mind bit where we sleep or daze and come to a point where our mind plays out something like a cinema but rather that thought process in which we think about what it is or where we are going and what we want to obtain from life.
So what is about the dream we create that makes it a dream, there is the difference between a dream and a fantasy. A fantasy is something that requires us to be altered or have something happen to us for it to occur, you know I’m talking like when we get super powers, or become a ghost or control the world (although….). A dream on the other hand is us doing something that we cannot see ourselves doing but is entirely possible. A dream as it were is something we should see ourselves becoming or doing in our lives. There again is a quote from my Facebook page that says "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." I do believe that, you cannot live in a dream world and not get on with your life, however at the same time I see that quote as saying don’t simply look at a dream, use it, take that dream and run with it, live life trying to obtain it, because in the end you will never know how far you can go unless you reach for the ideal. Yes the dream I think is the ideal and can never be truly reached but you should always reach for it none the less.


The wind is never seen yet it always acts is if it were

No comments: