Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Soundtrack To Life

So, I am nearing my departure, which of course means there is constant fussing over me, there are endless questions and worries that are now entering my mind thanks to my eager parents, and of course there is the sense of a great adventure lingering there. I am truly excited for this, I am slowly learning some Japanese so I'm not completely thick when I arrive. I had originally been assigned a city in more of the central region of Japan, and so of course I got used to the Idea of living there for a couple weeks, but then they had to change my placement to another city, however if one can hope for a blessing this was it. I will be on the East Coast of Japan, in a beautiful city, new by Japanese standards, but it has traditional is not overly crowded, and of course has a bloody ocean. it's weird how things can change so quickly, but as much as we may fight the idea that things are going to turn out worse sometimes well the end up for the better.


I could claim that I'm watching Anime to get used to what I will be seeing a lot more of for my day to day television. but well I Do enjoy it, mind you the stuff I watch is several years old. But BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, has given new life to music for me, and I do enjoy the English Dubbed Version far better for the musical performances, the Idea of Music affecting life is grand. We listen and flip through songs so often, but it is so weird to think that those who never touch the dial, who never flip through the "fill" to find that single are often those who take the time to see everything, who know more, grasp more of the music, and know more then just the top bands of their niche following. I am thinking of writing a soundtrack to my life, think of your own, try not to use the same artist more then twice, and never from the same Album, at least 3 songs per year, after the age of 4, and any significant events can find them self with their own track, you might end up with around 100 tracks if you have a few years on you and have been witness or party to big events that affect you. after making this list, well sit down and listen to it, while studying, driving, messing about on the computer, whatever, go in order, and see how music effects your life, your memories are tied to words that you never expressed, but tie to your emotions, and if you find you don't think it fits, maybe its time you sat down without the Top40 and find yourself in the Soundtrack of life, what Everyone likes should not dicate what you do, find your own soundtrack.

may music fill the air of your breath

No comments: